Saturday, February 6, 2010

Конешно!

The past 3 days have been awesome for me! I've been able to spend the majority of each day at a school here in St. Petersburg, meeting new students and starting relationships with some guys here!

You'd be amazed at how far "Ти Играеш Спорт?" (do you play sports?) can get you in ministry! I asked that to some guys I met in the hallway at the school. And the next thing I know they had invited me to play volleyball with them after school - and my immediate response was: "Конешно!" (of course!). If any of you know me, I absolutely LOVE volleyball! I've been able to establish a friendship with those guys over the past 3 days (just got back from a hockey match with them!) - and will be playing volleyball every Monday and Friday with my new friends!!

I don't know how Jesus or the Apostles felt when they were in the midst of doing face-to-face ministry...

but I think I've gotten a glimpse of it the past few days!

I encourage you, also, to spur yourself on to having the hard conversations with your coworkers, or others you may randomly meet on the street corner (even if it means butchering a language to talk to them!). God wants to work through us as living vessels of His mercy and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment